Sebastian Calderon Velasco
PhD in Materials Engineering, University of Minho
Master in Materials Science and Engineering, National University of Colombia
Physics Engineer, National University of Colombia
Author name: S Calderon V
Production and characterization of ZrCN-nAg coatings deposited onto stainless steel 316L (SS316L) by unbalanced magnetron sputtering with the purpose of preventing bacteria attack and improving the mechanical and tribological properties of joint orthopedic devices. The segregation of silver to the coatings surface and its controlled released are been studied to control the Ag+ release to the environment during the orthopedic device lifetime, enhancing the bactericidal effect and the durability of the implant.
- Calderon V, S., et al., Structural, magnetic and magneto-electric properties of thin films prepared by pulsed laser deposition. Microelectronics Journal, 2008. 39(11): p. 1281-1283.
- Calderon V, S., et al., Pulsed laser deposition and characterization of La1−xSrxMnO3. Materials Science in Semiconductor Processing, 2012. 15(5): p. 492-498.
- Calderon V, S., et al., Ag + release inhibition from ZrCN–Ag coatings by surface agglomeration mechanism: structural characterization. Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics, 2013. 46(32): p. 325303.
- Calderon V, S., et al., Ag+ release and corrosion behavior of zirconium carbonitride coatings with silver nanoparticles for biomedical devices. Surface and Coatings Technology, 2013. 222(0): p. 104-111.
- Calderon V, S., et al., Structural and electrochemical characterization of Zr–C–N–Ag coatings deposited by DC dual magnetron sputtering. Corrosion Science, 2014. 80(0): p. 229-236.
- Calderon V, S., et al., Prediction of Optimized Composition for Enhanced Mechanical and Electrochemical Response of Zr-C-N-Ag Coatings for Medical Devices. Applied Surface Science, (0).
- Ferreri, I., et al., Study of the effect of the silver content on the structural and mechanical behavior of Ag–ZrCN coatings for orthopedic prostheses. Materials Science and Engineering: C, 2014. 42(0): p. 782-790.
- Oliveira, C., et al., Surface characterization of Ti-Si-C-ON coatings for orthopedic devices: XPS and Raman spectroscopy. Solid State Sciences, 2011. 13(1): p. 95-100.
- Oliveira, C., et al., Influence of the surface morphology and microstructure on the biological properties of Ti–Si–C–N–O coatings. Thin Solid Films, 2010. 518(20): p. 5694-5699.
- Silva, E., et al., Structure–property relations in ZrCN coatings for tribological applications. Surface and Coatings Technology, 2010. 205(7): p. 2134-2141.